devolo Magic 2 LAN, the innovative PLC adapter, brings the Internet right to your home at high speed, from the basement to the attic, with amazing ease from the power outlet. All you have to do is plug the devolo Magic adapter into the power outlet. Intelligent Plug & Play does the rest and ensures that you can start surfing right away. Fast Internet will flow right through your powerline to your home network with transmission speeds up to 2000 Mbps*. The Gigabit LAN port allows you to connect a wide variety of stationary terminal devices, such as smart TV, games console or PC, to the adapter.
* Actual data throughput and data over distance will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput rate.
Please note: devolo Magic adapters are compatible with routers, network devices and products certified by HomeGrid Forum. HomePlug AV products are not compatible with devolo Magic adapters.
With smart Powerline technology for a strong connection throughout your home.
Distribute gigabit LAN easily over the electrical wiring throughout the home. With Magic 2 LAN you can get high-speed Internet at any power outlet you choose. Connect the smart TV, computer or game console to the integrated gigabit LAN port and enjoy entertainment without connection disruptions.
- Glitch-free gaming and streaming: Simply connect your stationary terminal devices to the gigabit Ethernet port of the outlet adapter, which can be plugged into any outlet you choose.
- All-in: Connect your static devices such as smart TVs, game consoles or PCs to the Gigabit LAN connection.
- All you have to do is plug the devolo Magic adapter into the power outlet. Intelligent Plug & Play does the rest and ensures that you can start surfing right away.
- devolo Home Network App: For easy installation, set-up and expansion of your home network.
- Innovative standard: The revolution in tried-and-tested Powerline technology now available on a ground-breaking G.hn Wave 2 basis.
- We've thought of everything: Thanks to the integrated power outlet you won't lose out on any outlets.
- Environmentally and cost conscious: devolo PowerSave Technology saves energy. Fully automatically.
Provide your home with gigabit networking in no time. Simply plug into the power outlet – and thanks to the super-smart Plug & Play, the adapters quickly connect to each other and are ready to go with an Internet connection.
Connects previously unreachable corners: Masterfully covers distances of up to 1,600 feet. From the basement, to the attic, to the garage.
Set up your devolo Powerline network with the starter kit. Can easily be extended with other devolo Magic adapters at any time. devolo Magic adapters are compatible with routers, network devices and products certified by HomeGrid Forum. HomePlug AV products are not compatible with devolo Magic adapters.
Magic 2 LAN is ideal for the following devices:
- NAS (Network Attached Storage)
- Game console
- Smart TV
Supported operating systems
- from Android 5.0
- from Windows 7
- from Mac OS X 10.9
- from iOS 9
- from Ubuntu-Linux 14.04
- 1x devolo MAGIC 2 LAN Adapter
- 1x Ethernet cable (2m)
- 1x installation guide
- 2x devolo MAGIC 2 LAN Adapter
- 2x Ethernet cable (2m)
- 1x installation guide
Are my Magic adapters automatically encrypted or can my neighbor listen in on my data?
Don't worry, your data is safe. Magic adapters are 128bit AES encrypted and automatically exchange a random password with each other when plugged in initially.
In addition, your data signals usually do not reach the neighbor. Should this nevertheless happen in exceptional cases, the adapters are protected via the powerful encryption.
What data rates can I achieve with Magic 2?
Magic 2 products achieve unidirectional gross data throughput (i.e. including powerline overhead) of up to 2400 Mbps under optimal operating conditions.
This theoretical, maximum data transmission rate is based on the technology specification under ideal conditions. Depending on the network environment (distance, network traffic, neighboring networks, noise on electrical lines, quality of electrical installation, etc.), the actual data rate may vary
Speed tests" performed with end devices such as smartphones or laptops refer to a bidirectional net data throughput (i.e. without powerline overhead), which is therefore not comparable and turns out to be lower than the gross data throughput on the powerline.
What hardware are Magic devices compatible with?
Magic devices are compatible with all routers and with products certified by the HomeGrid Forum. Magic devices with Wi-Fi will network with any Wi-Fi enabled devices (Tablets, Smartphones, etc.).
Do Magic devices also support older dLAN devices?
dLAN devices are not supported by the new generation of technology.
Can dLAN and Magic networks be used in parallel?
Using different adapters from devolo’s Powerline range may diminish network performance – best results are achieved with a magic-only network.
How are Magic devices installed?
Thanks to the supersmart Plug & Play, the devices quickly connect to others at the push of a button and are ready to go with an Internet connection.
Is my home network consisting of Magic devices automatically secure after initial installation?
Yes. All Magic adapters work securely and with encryption.
How can I change the password for my home network?
You can do that either using the app or via cockpit.
Are supplementary Magic adapters also installed automatically?
No. You have to add the new device using one of the previously installed devices and by pressing a button. To do this, start by selecting an adapter from your existing network. Then press the encryption button of the new adapter.